Logical Reasoning -Coding and Decoding
1. Rani and Suresh planned a game of coding and decoding. Rani told APQON is the code for BORN and KBBLK is the code for LACK. How will Rani code the word GRID?
Answer: B. FSHED.
BORN is coded as APQON
LACK is coded as KBBLK
1st letter is moved one step ahead, 2nd letter one step forward.
3rd letter one step backward.
For the last one forward and that letter is also retained.
Applying the same GRID will be coded as FSHED.
2. In a certain code, TOGETHER is written as RQEGRJCT. In the same code, PAROLE will be written as,
Answer: C. NCPQJG
The letters at the odd positions are moved two steps backward and the letters at even positions are moved two steps forward to get the value.
So PAROLE will be NCPQJG.
3. If white is called blue, blue is called red, red is called yellow, yellow is called green, green is called black, black is called violet and violet is called orange, what would be the colour of human blood?
Answer: C. Yellow
The colour of the human blood is ‘red’
As given, ‘red’ is called ‘yellow’.
So, the colour of human blood is ‘yellow’.
4. If POND is coded as RSTL, how is HEAR written in that code?
Answer: D. JIGZ
The first, second, third and fourth letters of the word are respectively moved two, four, six and eight letters forward to obtain the code.
5. If man is called girl, girl is called woman, woman is called boy, boy is called butler and butler is called rogue, who will serve in a restaurant?
Answer: C. Rogue
A ‘butler’ serves in a restaurant but ‘butler’ is called ‘rogue’.
So a ‘rouge’ will serve in the restaurant.
6. In a certain code GARIMA is written as 725432 and TINA as 6482. How is MARTINA written in that code?
Answer: A. 3256482
The alphabets are coded as shown below:
So, M is coded as 3,
A as 2,
R as 5,
T as 6,
I as 4, and
N as 8.
Thus, MARTINA is coded as 3256482.